It's the month of gratitude - time to start counting all your many blessings! We all know the scientifically proven benefits that remembering your blessings daily makes you a happier person! Along with a boost of happiness, your mental health, physical health, and self-esteem also highly increase! Here are some simple steps to get you started on your very own gratitude journal.
(You can thank me later).
- Get a blank journal, notebook, or piece of paper. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, you just need to be able to write on it.
- Set aside some time to yourself to think and write. If you are anything like me, this might become your favorite part of the day.
- Start simple. What are you thankful for today? What made you smile today?
- Make a pattern. While there is an endless amount of things to be thankful for, try limiting yourself to a couple things a day.
Tuesday, November 12
- I am thankful for sunshine and 60 degree weather in November.
- I am thankful for long phone calls with my mom.
- I am thankful for the way I feel after exercising (although not super thankful for how I feel while exercising).
Easy, right? And on those rough days when you feel you have nothing to be thankful for, read through your journal to remember how blessed you are.
To get started, download this easy printable gratitude page:
Happy November! All of us at Eighth & Main are grateful for you!